Personal privacy, the right of ownership of the individual to their personal data, is taken very seriously by All Saints Maastricht. As individuals share in the life of the church as involved members, they will choose to share personal data. This sharing of personal information naturally is respected, and All Saints Maastricht, in spirit and in outworking, fully subscribes to the aims and intent of the European Commission to ensure the protection of individual’s personal data.
1. Your personal data — what is it?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a ‘data subject’). A data ‘controller’ means a natural or legal person, agency or other body which determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. The processing of personal data in the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) titled in the Netherlands as Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming (‘AVG’).
2. Who are we?
We are All Saints Maastricht, legally defined in the Netherlands as a Kerkgenootschap (in English: ‘church fellowship’). All Saints Maastricht is the data controller of personal data which the organisation processes. Persons in All Saints Maastricht, as required, are authorised by the data controller to process that personal data.
3. What personal data do we use?
In accordance with the principle of data minimisation, we record and use only such personal data as is required to keep you informed about news, events, activities and church services; involve you in church activities; and care for you pastorally. This may include some or all of the following personal data:
• Telephone Number
• Email Address
4. How do we process your personal data?
All Saints Maastricht complies with its obligations under the GDPR by:
• keeping personal data up to date;
• by storing and destroying it securely;
• by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
• by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and
• by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes — to:
• Enable the church leadership and other church members to communicate with you about all matters of church life;
• Keep you informed about news, events, activities and services, and involve you in church activities;
• Enable you to participate fully in church life, care, ministry and mission;
• Care for you pastorally.
• Administer membership records
• Manage our employees and volunteers
• Maintain our own accounts and records
5. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• The legal basis in the GDPR under which All Saints Maastricht records and processes
personal data is that of given consent.
• For processing of data pertaining to children under 16 years of age the consent of a person holding parental responsibility is required and will be explicitly requested.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to accounts or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement..
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared within All Saints Maastricht in order to carry out a service to church members, or for purposes connected with the church and according to our legal responsibilities. There is no disclosure of personal data outside of All Saints Maastricht without consent. Personal data will not be transferred outside the European Union.
7. Processing of special personal data
All Saints Maastricht is a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim and as such can process special data, as provided for in article 9, paragraph 2(d) of the GDPR, in addition to the personal data specified above.
Processing of special personal data is carried out with the following provisions:
• the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
• there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data for as long as you are a member, or former member, of All Saints Maastricht and do not withdraw your consent for the church to continue to remain in contact with you and hold your personal data.
In the case of deceased persons All Saints Maastricht will deal with the personal data of the deceased person with sensitivity — in accordance with the wishes of remaining family members or as directed by the laws of the Netherlands.
9. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which All Saints Maastricht holds about you;
• The right to request that All Saints Maastricht corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for All Saints Maastricht to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoongegevens
10. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
11. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints with respect to your personal data please contact All Saints Maastricht at the following:
All Saints Maastricht
6226 WB Maastricht